Getting innovation projects done. Building innovation capabilities. Improving businesses
Turning new ideas into profits is tough – especially proposition/business model development, testing, economic analysis and figuring out channels to market. And then selling the plan to senior executives. We understand because we do it often for clients and our own ventures. Rapid progress comes from focusing on key issues, using proven processes and working hard. We know budgets can be limited, which is why we offer a range of alternatives for working together including training, seconding our experts, success fees, contracting/consulting, and joint ventures. Let’s talk about your challenges.
Enduring outcomes with attractive economics and lower risks
New business models, services, products & cost reductions
It can all start with one project…
Rapidly completing just one project:
- Shows the organisation “what good looks like” and challenges misconceptions
- Mobilises and upskills the team for next time
- Inspires the wider organisation to be more innovative
- Builds support for the project sponsor, who can then lead more ambitious projects
- Identifies improvement opportunities in internal innovation processes & capabilities
We speed up business model, new services, process improvement, and cost reduction projects that are stuck. We apply proven innovation processes, energy, sustainability insights, design, relationships and internal engagement to get them done.
…or with improved innovation capabilities.
Many companies do not have all of the processes or capabilities needed to drive innovation – and this can be the reason why projects are slow.
We diagnose and improve companies’ innovation functions, processes and capabilities through design and hands-on implementation (e.g. through training).
This improves market competitiveness, captures early mover advantages (or catches up to competitors quickly), and secures new revenues/cost savings earlier.
And we can take this further…
to design new systems to help a company to transform to a new way of doing business that is more profitable, has less impact and risk, and delivers value to a range of stakeholders in new ways.
How we succeed (and why we are different)
- think big – at the level of business models, innovation processes and company success
- have set up our own successful disruptive businesses
- work quickly, with a toolkit of insight development, design, rapid prototyping, web development and market testing, as well as relationships to form vital partnerships
- know sustainable solutions that work and how they create value
- drive profits (always)
- can working within, as a JV partner to, or separate from your organisation
- share risks and rewards via success fees (if you would like)
What we bring
- Innovation process knowhow
- Change management/engagement
- Deep knowledge of more sustainable solutions and how to create profits from them
- System thinking
- Collaboration (e.g. on-line multistakeholder solutions; senior stakeholder networks)
In addition we speak a common language with clients of:
- Strategic perspective (some of us are ex strategy consultants)
- Technical expertise (many of us are engineers by training)
- Commercial focus