At the recent Industrial Sustainability conference held at the University of Cambridge, Lavery Pennell joined a range of leading companies, including Marks & Spencer and Toyota, highlighting the benefits to be gained from taking a proactive approach to sustainability.
Lavery Pennell presented on the drivers and benefits of non-labour resource productivity.
The video of the presentation is below. Highlights of the video include:
- Untapped opportunities for resource efficiency within a company’s operations and supply chain
- The value of these in terms of greater profits (average 12% increase), new jobs (over 300,000 in the UK) and environmental benefits (including 4.5% of the UK’s total annual GHG output)
- The performance of a range of companies including Coca Cola, Toyota, Unilever, P&G, Pepsico, Komatsu, General Mills and ST Microelectronics
- Variability of performance between companies, even in the same sub-sector
- How to capture the benefits available